Diary of a Writer: An Open Letter To My Missing Rib

Info@urdoorstep
By -
0
Hi Rib,
 
I’ve read and heard more than a thousand times about the fact that I have a missing rib. I have always pondered about what this phrase really meant. I have always wondered about what this so called missing rib really looked like. And I have asked myself severally, ‘Do I really have a missing rib?’ But I’m walking perfectly and doing just fine that it doesn’t seem like something is missing in me. (Lolz)

I’m so confused that I really can’t explain if there is indeed a rib missing in me. I wondered ‘is this phrase really true or is it just to emphasize your importance? I also learned of your relevance and the fact that you will contribute a lot to my future and career. I read that you will always be there with me and for me and I wondered if such presence will really be created. Are you for real or are you just a myth?

I also heard that you will leave your original habitat and come cleave forever with me till death do us part. I was also told that once we come together, we will become entwined and become one single soul, mind and body. Is that really possible? How do we become one? Are we going to stay glued together that we will never be separated forever? I really can’t fathom the picture.

Here I am so tiny and little but with huge and mighty ambitions. Here is a person who loves to be adorned, cherished, loved, cared for and pampered. Are you willing to do that to me? I love talking, sharing my dreams and ambitions, will you listen? I have a lot to accomplish, a lot of dreams to be fulfilled, will you let me and will you support me? 

I can go any length to defend you and honour your name in every place. I’m willing to respect you, look up to you, place you above all other persons even my families. I will make you my best friend, my wonderful companion, my brother, my father, my mother and my everything, will you do the same for me?

I love cheerfulness. My joy forms from within and is contagious. I make everyone around me smile. Dear Missing Rib, I want to always be your source of happiness, will you let me? I want to make your heart a place of comfort, a place I can find peace, hope, rest, a place I can draw strength from, will you let me and will you let me be the same to you?

God is the only one I look up to and I call upon in every moment of my life. He is the Supreme Being and the Creator of the whole universe. I love God and I don’t joke with anything that has to do with Him. I worship Him, I pray to Him, I whisper to Him and I communicate with Him. Can we do that together as a single soul in Love and in Unity? 

I am adventurous. I have aspirations, I want to shine and the ability to think farther than the immediate present rushes the adrenaline in my system. Are you like me? Do you have more energy or would you rather let us suppress them? I want to listen.

Will you please allow me to lavish my love and my care upon you? I want to hold you close to me rest my head on your laps, lean on your shoulder, share a closer bond with you. Will you make me your queen, your confidence, your sweetheart, and you’re everything?  

I’ve seen and heard of so many instances where Ribs sleep in separate rooms and I have likewise seen where Ribs spend all their nights together in the same room. Please let’s go for the latter. Give me the luxury of sharing the same room and bed with someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. Will you grant me that?

Show me your world, let me understand you; let me into your heart as I would do to you. Will that happen? I have fears; I have weaknesses as we all know that no one is perfect. I believe you have too. Will you share them with me as I would love to share mine with you? Please let us together deal and handle our fears and weaknesses.

Kids will surely come. I will really love to have just two of them. ‘Asher and Isabella’ Do you want three or four? What names should we give them? Will you allow our children to get used to a godly, lovely and peaceful home? Home with no strive, home with no regrets and home with no differences of whatsoever? A good Christian home, where the word of God is thought and examples are shown. Together we will nurture, train, help them to become godly role models and help them achieve their greatest dreams.

Of course we would argue. We would disagree on some matters. We will have different opinions and views about some issues but it won’t affect us right? We won’t show it to our kids, right? Yes! It won’t change anything between us as it will be settled immediately in the same place it started which will be our bedroom. Is that your thoughts also?     

I’m romantic and I want my Rib to be too. I love to hear lovely and sweet words. I have always dreamt of having my Rib wake me up with a kiss every morning, stare so passionately at me and say ‘Thanks for coming into my life. I’ll always love and cherish you forever’ Please will you do that for me or will it just be a fantasy? I want our children to experience true love first hand from us. Will you let them?

There will surely be thorns and wolves, always trying so hard to come between us and tear us apart out of jealousy but together we shall fight for our Love. They will just keep on trying but will never be successful. Together we will sail to the uttermost height, accomplish our greatest dreams and ambitions together and leave a good, lasting legacy for our offspring. Debacle  

I’m sure we have not met yet but I do hope you are already on your way to me, preparing for forever with me because there is so much passion to be unleashed, so much love to be shown, so much emotions to be released and so much dreams and wishes to be fulfilled. I’d like to know your plans too, do they tally? There is so much more to share, but I’d like to meet you, look into your eyes and say them directly to you because they are for us alone. Just the two of us. I pray for you every day and I’m sure you do to.
I really can’t wait to meet you. I can’t wait to spoil you with so much love and care.

Your Woman.
Ciana Joy

Post a Comment

0Comments

We appreciate your Comments. Please Do

Post a Comment (0)