John Terry Reveals How He Almost Joined Manchester United

Info@urdoorstep
By -
0
Chelsea defender John Terry has revealed he almost signed for Manchester United. Terry confessed he was a United fan when he was growing up and had the opportunity to meet Sir Alex Ferguson following Red devils’ trophy overhaul in the 1993-94 season. Relishing the chance he had to meet Ferguson, the defender posted a flashback photo of himself and Fergie when he was just 14, with a caption: “Flashback to a young 14-year-old JT.
“Who would have thought I would go onto win four Premier Leagues and five FA Cups.I have so much respect for Sir Alex Ferguson and will never forget what he done for me and my family.”
The Blues defender had earlier revealed: “I was a Man United fan while growing up, you know what it’s like when you’re a boy, you want to support the team that’s winning everything.
“And my dad and granddad were Man United fans. But my first day at Chelsea I knew that was the club I wanted to be at. I just loved it. But Man United also approached me and I met Alex Ferguson”
“During the school holidays I would go up to Manchester and train with their boys for two weeks, play a few games and come home.
“But one thing that was really special about Man United was that Alex Ferguson took time out and invited me to one of their games and to have lunch with their players. “So there we are – me, my mum and dad, my brother. He made me feel so special, autographs, my photo done with the Premiership trophy.



“I think it was hard for my dad to take that I was going to sign for Chelsea, but I had to sit him down and tell him it was definitely the right decision.”

The England International has played 707 matches for the Blues and won 14 major trophies at the Stamford Bridge.

Think Its Important? Please Share
Tags:

Post a Comment

0Comments

We appreciate your Comments. Please Do

Post a Comment (0)