An Open Letter To My Future Mother-In-Law

Info@urdoorstep
By -
0

Dear mother-in-love,

It is with Jesus Joy that I'm writing this open letter to you, hoping that you will one day get to read this and get to understand how much I've indeed waited to meet you... I'm not like other girls who say Ill things about mothers in-laws or who pray for the demise of their mother -in-law before they get to marry their son. I have a mother, she has a son too and I can't wish what I don't want happen to my mother.. My mother is sweet and caring. So for this reason, I know my to be mothers in-law would not be different.

I want to say that as much as I cant wait to meet the man of my dreams, its you that I really cant wait to meet. It must be hard for a mother to watch her son fall in love with another woman; for it was you who held his heart first. I value the relationship you have with your son, and I pray that it is a relationship that values respect, honesty, laughter, and joy. Most parents don't think of it this way, but you are preparing him for the much longer journey ahead with the woman who will make him the man you have always prayed and wanted him would be.

Truth is I've never had the experience of heartbreak, but I have indeed made my fair share of mistakes (not costly ones though), but without it, I would not be who I am today. I would not be the woman your son has been praying, hoping and waiting for. I assure you that the baggage I bring along with me is necessary. It will remind me of where I was, and humble me when I'm looking into your son's eyes. It will make me the woman that your son truly loves and cherish. I've loved before and there is no denying that, but if I can love the wrong person that much, just think of how much I can love your son.

I can't promise that there won't be tough times, arguments, disagreements nor heartache in our marriage and turmoil in our life together. But what I can promise you is that despite all these, I will love your son unconditionally and continue to be a relevant helpmeet to him just like I'm in his life to be. I'll also consistently remind him of his upbringing that taught him to be the man that he would be. I will support him when he feels like our life is falling apart, because his life will be my life. I will always remind him to laugh. I will always remind him of how important the little things in this world really are. I promise to hold his heart in my hand and protect it with everything I have. I promise to always kiss him goodnight and be there to wake up next to him in the morning, to be caring, loving, supporting, submissive and make him see a version of you in me. I also promise you that I will continue to better myself. I want to be the best version of myself when your son makes his appearance into the part of my life that is forever. I promise to do everything in my power to prepare my heart for the man of my dreams, the one you cherishes, your son.

I don't know much, but one thing I can assure you is that  I'll never try to replace you because I obviously cannot. You were the first woman he loved, and I can never take that away. I'll however try to express the kind of love you gave to him. I promise to do everything I can to maintain the relationship that he has always had with you. I promise to always call you up when I need advice for dealing with our grumpy man. For no one can truly understand his child like his mother..

You are an essential part of this story and my future. Without you, my love doesnt exist. So again, I promise to love our boy unconditionally and to build our future together. And never I let him forget the source where he first had his first meal and where he drew his strength from. Thank you for all that you have done and are still doing. Thank you for preparing him for forever with me. Thank you for inculcating in him the values he will need to man his future home and once again, thank you for birthing him into this world... I really cannot wait to meet you ma.....

Yours truly,

Your future daughter-in-law,

Ciana Joy

Post a Comment

0Comments

We appreciate your Comments. Please Do

Post a Comment (0)