REVIEW: My Review Of 'Memories of Tommorow ' by Blessing Mary Ocheido And Ojo Taiye

Info@urdoorstep
By -
0

When Taiye told me to please download and read this book some months back, I told him I was going to but I never really did. I read different books everyday and every time and I actually didn't think there would be anything special about this one.  I just thought that Taiye was just trying to get people read this book he coauthored just like a normal author would. But last night, Taiye buzzed me up again asking if I could help review this book on my blog.. Then I told him I haven't read it. Then he told me to log into his okada book account, download the book, read and review. All those while, I was just thinking, what is so special about this book na? I reluctantly agreed  though with the condition that I'll have to take my time. I asked if the chapters weren't much because I have other books to read and review at the end of the month too. His response was "You would fall in love until you get to the last page.. Just take a sip first" I smiled in return...

I then went straight up to the app on my phone, logged in with his details, download the book and started reading... And I tell you, before I knew it, out of 147 pages, I found myself reading until I got to page 111. I had to stop because I felt I really needed to retire to bed at that time...It was really late.. 

I've read many books but I've never come across a book with a combination of short captivating stories with matching breath taking, emotional poems.. Well, there is a possibility that such might exist, but truth is, this particular one is unique. This is different. This is a real work of creative minds.. Taiye was right after all. All I needed do was take a sip first, I eventually fell in love with this book and I can read it over and over again without getting bored of it...

Every story and poems in this book was fascinating, captivating and they felt really real. The writers portray what the society really feels like in this book. The feeling of love, pains, violence, betrayal, passion, self realization, abuse, etc was well represented in this book and I really salute the writers for this.. I'm really looking forward to owning a personal hard copy of this book. Truth is, no review will give you the real taste and feel of this book like you getting to read this yourself. I'm therefore highly recommending this book to people who truly knows, love and appreciate literature.. Because it takes someone who is really familiar with a real literary piece to know the true value of a book like this!!!! After all, literature in it's whole essence is the study of life......

So go get yourself a copy... You can easily download the book from Okada books... Download the app on Google play store..

Thank me afterwards ...

Ciana Joy

Post a Comment

0Comments

We appreciate your Comments. Please Do

Post a Comment (0)